2. Personal Information We Collect about You.
Information you give to us. We collect personal information about you when you voluntarily submit information directly to us by filling in forms on our Website or Mobile Application or by corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Services, participate in any discussion boards, forums or other social media functions on our site or complete a survey or when you report a problem with the Services, or use some other feature of the Services as available from time to time. If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide the Services to you or respond to your other requests.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive personal information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide from time to time. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, subcontractors in payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, or search information providers) and may receive information about you from them, subject to your agreements with them.
Information we collect automatically. We also automatically collect personal information about you indirectly about how you access and use the Services and information about the device you use to access the Services. This information may include:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Services, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Services.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device's unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device's telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The Services also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
- Location Information. The Services collect real-time information about the location of your device.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not download the Services or delete it from your device. For more information, see the section below entitled “Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information.”
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps, or other online services (behavioral tracking). See the section below entitled “Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information,” for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on or through this app and how we respond to browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
Aggregated Information. We may link or combine the personal information we collect and/or receive about you and the information we collect automatically. This allows us to provide you with a personalized experience regardless of how you interact with us. We may anonymize and aggregate any of the personal information we collect (so that it does not identify you). We may use anonymized information for purposes that include testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving the Services and developing new products and features. We may also share such anonymized information with others.
3. How We Use Your Information. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the Services and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your Account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when Services updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the Services.
We use location information we collect to determine which farming regions we serve and to assess whether the Services have provided value to those regions. We also use location information to determine where the Services may or may not be accessible or helpful.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form) or adjust your user preferences in your Account profile. For more information, see the section entitled “Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information.”
We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
- Business partners, vendors, suppliers and subcontractors who perform services on our behalf (these companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us);
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Services;
- Payment processors for the purpose of fulfilling relevant payment transactions;
- Third parties in connection with a business transaction. Personal information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with a transaction, such as a merger, sale of assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet law enforcement requirements. If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of service dbuntu.app and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Dbuntu, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Testimonials. With consent, we may display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site, along with other endorsements. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
5. Marketing and Advertising. From time to time we may contact you with relevant information about the Services and our other products and services. Most messages will be sent electronically. For some messages, we may use personal information we collect about you to help us determine the most relevant information to share with you. If you do not want to receive such messages from us, you will be able to tell us by selecting certain boxes on forms we use when we first collect your contact details. You can also change your marketing preferences at any time by updating your Account or by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
6. Storing and Transferring your Personal Information.
Security. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers in a controlled environment with limited access. Any payment transactions will be encrypted in transit using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Subscribers should not share their password with anyone. While no transmission of information via the internet is completely secure, we take reasonable measures to protect your personal information. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
International Transfers of your Personal Information. The personal information we collect may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the jurisdiction you are in where we and our third-party service providers have operations.
Retention of Personal Information. We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of our legitimate business interests and satisfying any legal or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and the applicable legal requirements.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are required for the essential operation of our Services such as to authenticate you and prevent fraudulent use.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Service when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Services work, for example, by ensuring that you can find information easily.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our Service. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Service, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Service and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
We may partner with a third party to either display advertising on our Website or Mobile Application or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third-party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this Website and other sites to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used to serve you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including strictly necessary cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
8. Links to Third Party Sites. The Services may, from time to time, contain links to and from third-party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
9. Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information. We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the App to collect and use real-time information about your device's location through the device's privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the Services may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
Promotion by the Company. If you do not want us to use your contact information to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by logging into your Account and adjusting your user preferences in your Account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Targeted Advertising by the Company. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by adjusting your advertising preferences in your Account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising and Marketing. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, you can opt-out by adjusting your preferences in your Account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.